Roast beef is beef tenderloin cooked in the oven. Tender and juicy meat will appeal to everyone, without exception, if you follow the simple cooking rules: use only the freshest meat and high-quality natural spices and adhere to the specified temperature regime.
- To prepare large roast beef, you will need the following:
- loin of beef – 2 kg.
- olive oil – 3 tablespoons.
- coarse salt – 1 tablespoon without a slide.
- freshly ground black pepper – 1 tablespoon without a slide.
- Provencal herbs – 1 tablespoon.
- Turn on the oven to 180 degrees.
- Rinse the meat, and dry it with a napkin. In a deep bowl, mix olive oil and spices. Thoroughly rub the beef fillet with the resulting mixture. Leave to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Tie a piece of meat with twine to give it the desired shape.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat, pour a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil on it, and fry a piece of meat on both sides for three minutes. A crust should form, which will “seal” the meat juices inside the piece.
- Put the roast beef on the wire rack and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- To determine the readiness of the roast beef, pierce it with a sharp knife. Pink juice should flow. White juice indicates the meat is overcooked and red – not yet fried.